Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yay!

Chuck is on his way home today! He was down in Houston, working in a place he called "Satan's Basement" so I have to say I'm really relieved he's on his way home in one piece! I guess it is excitement that woke me up at about 6:00 this morning (that's early for me!) and wouldn't let me go back to sleep. Now I am just sitting here in the dark- rather, in the glow of my computer screen, sipping coffee and enjoying the quiet. It won't be time to watch the sun rise for about another hour.

We have a winter storm warning in effect; it could start snowing tonight and last through Tuesday. The forecast says "moderate accumulations possible" so I'm curious to see what that means. We had an October snow storm our first winter here (this will be our third) that dropped a good 6 inches. It looked like a ton of snow to this former-Southerner, but now I realize six inches hardly counts as a storm up here. Also, we live in an area that gets a lot more snow than they get by the lake. So, whatever they get in Ontonagon, we can easily double out here!

Prayers are most appreciated, that Chuck makes it home safely and I figure out a way to go get him. My van is still with the mechanic, but I'm hoping I'll get it back this morning!

God bless you all with a beautiful weekend!

No comments: