Thursday, October 2, 2008

October

We've had such a busy month already! (LOL) Chuck bought a little wood-burning cook stove for me, so he has spent the afternoon moving it in. Unless we decide to build another chimney for the kitchen, the stove will stay in the front room. I'm really excited to start learning to cook on it. I can't think of anything that says "Country Comfort" like a beautiful little black stove that warms the home and fills it with delicious smells.

My internet has been down for three days- I'm only online now because we can use Chuck's cell as a modem. I was on the phone for about an hour with tech support, unplugging various cables for 60 seconds, plugging them back in, and rebooting the computer. After being talked through mysterious codes on a black screen I didn't know I had, they gave me a confirmation number and promised somebody would call. So far, I haven't gotten that call. I'm predicting I won't have my DSL back until at least Monday, if I'm lucky!

Here's a little bit of miscellany in honor of today's feast of the Guardian Angels. It may come in handy for any of you with little ones to rock to sleep. Did you know the words to the traditional prayer to your Guardian Angel fit the tune "Rock-a-bye Baby"? Try it!

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
to whom His love commits me here.
Ever this day be at my side,
to light and guard, rule and guide.

Amen, God bless!

No comments: