Friday, August 24, 2007

What a Day!

We have had such a busy day today! Pancakes and lessons, fixing the toilet and balancing the checkbook. I love it when we are all busy, because everyone seems to get along better and be in a more cheerful mood. The little boys especially tend to get quarrelsome when there isn't so much to keep their attention.

Our roof is about half way done, thank goodness! The guys were going so slow at first that I could just see myself giving birth with two strange men on my roof. But so long as they don't run into any snags (and, gee, who ever heard of anything slowing down contract work?) they should be done and gone before I am ready. Chuck has posted some pictures, including pictures of the roof, on his blog. He is much better about getting pictures than I am.

The library party was great fun. Joseph had the most points out of the (many) boys in his age group, and he won a toy truck and a book. Raechel had the most points in the 10-12 age group; she was given a gift certificate good toward buying books through the library. (And with their discount!) Then, Joseph won the raffle for one of the two books they were giving away as door prizes. This book is about pirates and has all type of neat additions, such as old-fashioned playing cards, maps, even a wanted poster!

It is 6:00pm now and there is still quite a bit to do. Mom might be through, but the day isn't! There are approximately 90 socks flapping from the clothesline to be brought in and sorted. My dough is about through rising, and we are having a pizza party tonight. I rented Cheaper By The Dozen, the old version. We enjoyed the book as a family read-aloud, but I was not at all impressed by the newer movie. I'm told this one is much better.

I hope everyone (including us!) has a wonderful and productive weekend. God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy 'Cheaper by the Dozen'! It was a favorite of all of ours when I was a kid. :)

-Shannon in Texas