Sunday, August 26, 2007

August is nearly over...

... and that means fall is beginning here in the UP. Chuck has been sent back to Texas for the week, and I really enjoyed the drive to the airport today. Believe it or not, quite a few trees are already turning colors. I've noticed this over the last week or so, but refused to believe my eyes. It's still summer for goodness' sake! Isn't it? The days are getting shorter, and nights are getting cooler, but while nature hints at fall my calendar still says summer!

We are going to be very busy this week. I think I'm entering the "nesting" phase of pregnancy! I'm planning on keeping the kids (and myself) so busy that this week will fly by. But don't worry, I promised I would NOT "pop" while Chuck is gone so I won't overdo it! And I have lots of helpers. Many hands do indeed make light, and pleasant, work.

God bless!

3 comments:

Chuck said...

"But don't worry, I promised I would "pop" while Chuck is gone so I won't overdo it!"

You better not pop while i am gone. You meant to say that you promised you wouldn't pop.

Jennifer said...

LOL! Yeah, I meant I would not... Thanks, honey. I fixed my typo... I don't want to scare anyone! :o)

Zach said...

I saw trees down here weeks ago with some red leaves -- and yes, I'm in denial too!

Honestly, I think part of that is the tree's stress reaction to drought. Which you have worse than we do.

peace,