Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

We observed Labor Day and celebrated the end of summer with a lot of work, good food, and fun. We cleaned out the garage this morning, and Chuck and the kids split a bunch of wood this afternoon. We had a "summer feast"- hamburgers, homemade french fries, salad, watermelon, and homemade ice cream that ended up being slush but we ate... er, drank it anyway. It still tasted good!

I absolutely love these days where everyone works together so nicely; even the little boys did their kitchen chores without complaint and helped with stacking the fire wood. The garage is cleaner than it has been in a long time. I think we've learned to avoid ever storing hay in the garage; the stuff gets everywhere especially when you have kids in charge of feeding the sheep! But it really is one of those days I need to hold on to. God is good!

I simply cannot believe it is September already! We will be celebrating Mary Mae's first birthday in a little less than three weeks. Where has the last year gone?

God bless!

2 comments:

Tisha said...

Days like that are the best! I can't believe it is already September either. Time is going WAY to fast!!

Anonymous said...

I have always loved days like that, too Jennifer. It seems those days are happy memory days that I forever treasure in my heart. I know they are filled with lots of work, but its good productive work where everyone is getting along and the days are just good. I can even remember some of those days when I was a kid,too. Love, Mom Ferguson