Saturday, September 27, 2008

A 'brilliant' plan gone awry...

My stroke of genius for the day was to not allow Mary to nap today until we were on our way to Mass this evening. I figured she would conk out in the van and be too wiped out to even wake up when we got there, finally giving me a Mass of blessed peace and quiet.

Wrong!

She woke up when we were getting her out of the van, and would not go back to sleep despite me sneaking downstairs twice to try to nurse her to sleep. (Yes, *gasp* our little darling is still happy and doing well with her mother's milk.) Thanks to being overtired she was even more "vocal" than normal and resistant to my attempts at restraining her on my lap. So, not only did I not get peace and quiet during Mass, I cheated myself out of her usual nap time at home. There's a mistake I will not repeat next weekend!

1 comment:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

I hate when stuff like that happens. (And *gasp* I'm still nursing my toddler... and he's still over a year younger than the other two were when they weaned lol)