Thursday, March 1, 2007

March Comes in Like a Lion

"March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb." That was the lesson of the day back in elementary school. I can't remember now what year it was, maybe first grade, but I am certain the date was March 1st. We made masks out of paper plates mounted on Popsicle sticks. One side sported orange and yellow yarn around a lion face. The other side was the smiling face of a sheep made more realistic with an adornment of (what else) cotton balls. I don't honestly know the educational value of such an exercise, but it sure has stuck with me after all these years!

The weather today certainly has been roaring like a lion. I've rarely seen such sustained winds aside from oncoming hurricanes! It gets the cover to our dryer vent a-flappin' which I just know is going to drive me crazy all night tonight. Sometimes there are gusts so strong I almost expect to see the curtains billow away from the closed windows! We haven't gotten nearly as much snow as was predicted, so that's good I suppose. I've been warned that the Upper Peninsula always gets a big storm on St. Patrick's Day. The lady at the post office yesterday was joking that maybe this is "our St. Paddy's Day Storm" coming two weeks early.

Chuck has been promised a couple of weeks off after he gets home. Now, if we can just get him home! Between the weather up here, and the weather down there, it might be difficult. But I guess it is just as well that he's missing out on all the "fun" here. The kids have been passing around a cold the last few days, and all you parents know just how much fun he's missing! Joseph had a night terror last night when his fever broke. He's done that before, but it scares me every time! I think the worst of it is over now; unless I get sick, that is. If I get laid up with a cold things could get ugly around here pretty quick! But so far so good. Thank God for EM's!

God bless!

No comments: