Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Heading to Tulsa

We are planning to take a trip to see our families. We will probably leave early on Thursday, stay Thursday night somewhere in the area of St. Louis, and arrive in Tulsa late Friday. We can only stay a little less than a week, but I hope it will be a good visit. There are many relatives that the children and I haven't seen in a little more than two years!
Today I wanted to get all the clothes washed, but this wet and muddy weather isn't helping with that goal. Every time anybody went outside they came back in with soaking pants and socks! We also got some more hay and then cleaned out the van. Tomorrow we will finish laundry, pack, and clean house.


Chuck flew home yesterday, and only barely made it thanks to incredibly thick fog. Driving up to the airport, visibility couldn't have been more than 10 yards or so in some places. The plane that was supposed to land at 1:30 was diverted to Marquette a few hours later! When I finally reached Chuck on his cell phone, he told me that if they couldn't land in half an hour, they would be sent back to Minneapolis. The children and I went to the grocery store to get some things to make sandwiches, and I told them, "We will just have to pray for the fog to lift." Sure enough, when we drove back the fog was greatly diminished, and by the time Chuck's plane landed there was none at all. God is so good!

I was able to talk to my sister, Melissa, today; she had only this morning been able to speak to an actual doctor regarding Dad's condition. It sounds as if he is out of danger of imminent death, but he is still a very sick man. Please continue to keep him in your prayers, and while you're at it please pray for our safe travel.

God bless!

No comments: