Friday, December 29, 2006

Sledding; Looking forward, and back

We decided it was the perfect day to go sledding; steady snow fall, temperatures hovering right around freezing, and almost no wind. We hiked back to our "sledding hill", and had a great time, for the most part. This isn't the greatest picture, but it was the best out of the digital ones I took today.




There are only two days left of 2006 now. I am personally a firm believer in New Year's resolutions. I am all too aware of how much I need to improve myself, and I think that from a psychological point of view habits are easier to start and/or break at the beginning of another year. I've been thinking a lot about what my 2007 resolutions will be, and in the meantime I am also thinking back over 2006. It was such an amazing year for us. We've come to the conclusion that it was far too good to be bad, but almost too bad to be good. In reality, even our sufferings should be counted as blessings, but how hard it sometimes is to feel that way! However, I believe that this year has brought us another year closer to our goals as a family, and closer to Our Lord and His Blessed Mother. That is certainly something to be grateful for, as well as something to strive for in the coming year.

God bless!

No comments: