Friday, February 5, 2010

Daybook for today...

Outside my window... clouds in the sky and snow on the ground, a typical February morning.
I am thinking... we really should be able to get breakfast cooked, eaten, and cleaned up earlier.
I am thankful for... God's patience with me.
From the learning rooms... may not seem to be much, but the children are all reading, writing, and drawing- working on their own things these days with a bit of Mom-imposed math drill here and there.
From the kitchen... a simple stove-top rice pudding for breakfast, and I'm craving a smoothie.
I am wearing... my 'mom' uniform- comfy pants, yesterday's t-shirt, a quilted flannel. I'll have to clean up before going to work this afternoon.
I am creating... a new human being- how awesome is that!?
I am going... to have to learn to just accept things as they are and make the best of them- usually I'm pretty good at this, but it isn't always easy.
I am reading... a paperback novel called Dear John that my boss gave me. I am so not into romance novels, but this one is clean and I feel obligated to read it in case she asks.
I am hoping... spring comes early this year.
I am hearing... Robert clunking around dishes in the kitchen, Thomas teasing Mary over an ice cream bucket lid (I have no idea why), Raechel humming to herself, Joseph humming a conflicting tune to himself, and the dog taking a drink so slurpy you would think she just crossed the Gobi Desert and not the living room.
Around the house... too much clutter waiting for me to take care of "someday" when I have a minute. I'm not looking!
One of my favorite things... still planning that awesome smoothie I'm wanting for lunch.
A few plans for the rest of the week: This week is almost over, and as far as I know we don't have anything unusual going on for the weekend.

God bless!

courtesy of The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

Chuck said...

"One of my favorite things... still planning that awesome smoothie I'm wanting for lunch."

You mean I am not one of your favorite things? :(

Jennifer said...

Sweetie, it said "ONE" of my favorite things, not "your absolutely ONE AND ONLY favorite thing ever". You know the answer to that would be the same every time- YOU! ;-)