Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Weekend of '09

We have had such a good weekend. Chuck is still home, we are still enjoying Christmas celebrations, and the weather has been pretty nice even though cold. He took the older kids sledding today, so I had the house to myself for about an hour. I cleaned up the living room (the kids would say I did it "Mama style") while Mary took apart the games and math blocks in the kitchen. Then I tidied up the kitchen and started dinner after putting Mary down for a nap. I'm making pot roast, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli all on our woodburning stove. It smells so yummy!

We have a busy week coming up. Raechel's birthday is tomorrow, and Joseph's is on Tuesday. We have some chores to do in the garage, Chuck needs to replace the battery in his truck, and I plan to get the kids "back to school" on Wednesday through Friday. That will make the week go by quickly! No word yet on when Chuck will have to head out for work, but he put in to stay home through the 11th.

I need to go finish up dinner before the smell drives me nuts...

God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there, I can only imagine the wonderful smell! I'm playing catch-up on the blog so will leave a few comments here and there. Raechel told me what fun she had sledding on that enormous hill. Love, mom Ferguson