Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby it's cold outside.

Do you see the porch swing in this picture? Not really? That's because it is practically buried in snow. Mind you, this three feet is in a relatively sheltered area. There is actually quite a bit more snow than that where the snow has drifted. Maybe it is because I'm not used to winters up here yet (this is only our third winter since moving) but I am amazed at the volume of snow. I never could have imagined it if I weren't actually here living in it. Amazing.



Yes, I'm going to join in the complaining and whine "It's coooold". It took until almost noon to warm up to zero today. We are supposed to get to 20 below tonight, not counting the wind chill.
But the good news is that the sun is staying up noticeably later in the evenings, so at least I can tell myself that at this point we are more than halfway through. Seems like February has a reputation for being dreary, but it is the shortest month of the year, so how bad can it be? Now when it is April and I'm still shoveling snow while the rest of the country is picking tulips and planting tomatoes... then I'll be really complaining.

Okay, enought of that. For now.
Chuck had a great week home last week, and now he is in Alabama for some testing. He hates taking tests, so please send up a prayer for his nerves! After that he might be going to California for a few weeks, but we really have to just wait and see. Meanwhile, we are all doing fine here at home; staying healthy, staying warm, and keeping busy with lessons and chores.

God bless!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

That's too cold for me...I just don't think I could tolerate it! The snow is pretty, no doubt, but I think it would get on my nerves after a while.
I guess your hubby is nice and comfortable in Alabama compared to you up there, isn't he? :) I hope he can relax for his test and do well!!

Anonymous said...

It is easy for me to say, "stay inside". we are in ice, sleet, snow here. The sun is out today and will be in the low 30's.....above zero. My knee is healing very well. I will pray for Chuck. Pray for Lizy, I can't tell you yet, but she needs prayers weither she knows it or not. Great-grandmother might get out of the hospital tomorrow. She will start to live with Mildred. more later. Have a good day. uncle Lyle