Sunday, July 8, 2007

Happy Birthday, Baby

Today is the first anniversary of Hope's birthday. One year ago today I went into labor at the hour of Mercy, 3:00 in the afternoon, and delivered her into my own hands sometime around 5:45. It would have been on the 5th of July (I am pretty sure) that her soul was delivered to God.

It wasn't too long ago that the Vatican issued a document regarding limbo and the fate of unbaptized babies. Contrary to what most Catholics have come to believe, the existence of limbo as a place of natural happiness apart from God has never been an official teaching of the Church. Mother Church cannot say with absolute certainty what happens to these innocent souls, but She entrusts them to the kindness of an all-merciful Father. Therefore, I can have confidence that our Hope is in heaven.

A few have sent me messages of prayer and encouragement. These are more dear to me than you know. I am doing well, and I can only contribute the peace in my soul to your prayers and to the mercy of God. He is so good to send me friends and loved ones like you!

God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe in my heart that Hope entered heaven and found Grandpa there to talk, sing and take care of her. I thoughts and prayers were with Hope, you and the family 7/8/07. God Bless. Mom F.