Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hi

I'll be honest; I have no idea what to write about. But I promised my sister that I would write as often as I can. She has internet connection at her house now (welcome to the 21st century, Sis!) and she said I need to write every day.

So, I'll tell you about our day today. We got up, did our morning routine, had breakfast (scrambled eggs and EMs), and did breakfast chores like usual. Robert was given a Lego set with approximately a gillion pieces, so he worked on that the rest of the morning. Raechel is working on another book of stories. Daniel and I had a reading lesson, and then he spent time with Thomas building airplanes out of the larger legos designed for the little guys. Joseph was here, there, and everywhere; helping with the legos, re-rinsing the breakfast dishes (just to make sure), coloring for a while with Raechel, and planting kisses on my arm or cheek or leg every time he ran past. I just love five-year-olds!

For dinner I made a dish of rice and lentils. It was similar to kitcheree but not exactly the same since I didn't bother with looking at the cookbook and just seasoned it according to inspiration. I have noticed we tend to eat a lot less meat when Dad isn't home. The kitchen was too cool for the bread dough to be ready in time. That was disappointing, but it meant fresh bread for supper! We each have a job to do to clean up after dinner.

In the afternoon we had some friends over. They are moving back to California this weekend (praying for their safe travel) and we were sorry to see them leave. After they left we decided to do our evening chores a little early and watch a movie together. I've been really dragging in the evening lately! Next thing I knew, movie was over, supper was done, and the children were in bed. About that time, Chuck called to say he had just gotten back to the hotel after a 13-hour day. Boy, did that make me feel lazy!

The Night Prayer for one of the weekdays concludes with a prayer that says "may the work we have done today bear fruit in eternal life". When I look back over this day, like so many others, I do not see anything all that special. Yet, I can pray with full confidence that what good I may have done today, no matter how small, might bear good fruit for eternity. And as for my mistakes- and yes, I certainly made a few even during such an ordinary day as this- I only trust that the Lord will be forgiving and help me to do better tomorrow. Isn't God good!

It is now 10:30, or half-past bedtime. This is what happens when I sit down and have no idea what to write!

God bless!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Hi Jennifer! I enjoyed reading about your day. It sounded like a good day..very calm and productive. I particularly like your last statement about the day....how maybe the good things, no matter how small will bear fruit later, and the God will forgive you for the mistakes. I like this because I feel that I made many mistakes today. I just pray that somewhere in there I did something that will bear fruit!