Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Quiet Days

The kids and I have been taking care of business at home; spending time with the sheep and generally enjoying these beautiful winter days. I've been pouring over gardening catalogs, chicken catalogs, and the new Lehman's catalog. My Encyclopedia of Country Living is getting a good workout, too! There are too many ideas in my head, and they are constantly buzzing around in there. I compare chicken breeds while cooking dinner and plan the garden while fetching fire wood. Last night I actually dreamed about planning a quilt. I probably came up with a fantastic design, only to forget it when the alarm went off!

Now, as I type, Thomas is dozing off in my lap and it is time to start getting ready for evening. I am so very thankful for these cold, quiet days.

God bless!

No comments: