Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My Resolutions

For the last two days I've seriously considered whether or not I should post my resolutions for this year. I have finally decided to go ahead and do it. I think doing so will give some accountability, but mostly I'm pretty sure there is no way I can keep track of a piece of paper for a whole year. I have developed a practice of dividing my resolutions into categories (spiritual, physical, and practical) and limiting myself to one or two within each category. So, for my self-motivation, and your amusement, here are my resolutions for 2007:

Spiritual- to pray the 15 Prayers of St. Bridget every night. The 15 Prayers are very beautiful meditations on the Passion of Jesus that carry special promises. It is one of those things I've been "meaning to do" for a long time now.

Physical- to renounce my addiction to sugar. This has been an off-again, on-again battle for me ever since my eyes were first opened to the damage this substance has done to me, and will do to the children. Now I have a plan, and I have confidence that I can accomplish this goal.

Practical- to make a quilt for our bed; to establish our homestead, raise most of our own produce next summer, and find at least two ways to supplement our income from the homestead. Making a quilt isn't exactly earth-shattering, but it is something that my perfectionism prevented me from accomplishing last year.

May we all resolve to serve God better, and may He bless even our smallest efforts!

God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please share your plan on how you will renounce your addiction to sugar! I can sure use this plan!

Gwen