Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beautiful Days

The last few days, we have been blessed with unusually beautiful weather. It is hard to believe that it is still late winter, and not yet early spring. The snow is completely melted back from our driveway and the roads. Last night, for the first night since probably November, we did not get below freezing. The old guys at the market keep saying not to count on spring yet; that we're bound to get more snow, and that March could still turn out to be a nasty month. My reply is that they are right, but that won't prevent me from appreciating every moment of these beautiful days.

In fact, I've been so inspired by the weather that I've decided to start updating my long-neglected Weather Blog again. Today I posted the snowfall report from this week's paper. Looking at March of last year, on the only day I recorded (March 2) we had a low of -22* and a high of 21. Contrast that with last night's low temperature of 33 and the high so far of 56.

Breaking news- Rain! As I'm writing this, Robert came in and said there is water falling from the sky in liquid form. There's something else we haven't seen since November. ;-)

Not to go on and on about the weather, but to quote Joseph: "Lord, thank you very much! I give you thanks for the rain, the stars, the moon, everything."

Amen.

God bless!

No comments: