Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This and That

Mary told me a story this morning. I'm not sure why all my toddlers have been convinced they need company while on the potty, but I suspect it is so they will have somebody to talk to while they take care of business. (It works out well for me, actually, since I can monitor their rate of t.p. usage.) Her story went like this: "Mom, Me tell you a story. Once upon a time a boy went outside. Then a man said 'Nanny-nanny-boo-boo'. That was all, but I was impressed. I don't remember the other kids even attempting to make up a story at only two and a half. So, that settles it... our Mary Mae is fantastic. ;-)

Baby and I reached another milestone this weekend: 25 weeks. This is significant to me because Robert was born at 25 weeks; I always feel a little better after passing this point, and it is kinda neat in that I have seen first hand exactly what a 25-week-old baby looks like. It's strange that such a tiny baby makes me feel so big! In the comments, Mom F. said that my exercise may make my labor and delivery "different", and that made me smile. I've read that exercise makes l&d quicker and easier. If it goes any easier or faster this time than it did the last two times, I'll wake up one morning to find Baby already born!

We have been enjoying unusually spring-like weather, unusual for the U.P. at least. Most of the last two weeks we've had highs in the 50's and lows just below freezing. Usually there is still significant snow cover through March, but our snow has almost completely melted. I really enjoy being able to go outside in just a t-shirt, and the kids are (of course) running around barefoot. Chances are we will get at least one more snowstorm before the snow season is over, but who knows... My dad always says "it is perfectly normal to have abnormal weather". I'm just glad this spring is "abnormal" in such a pleasant way.

That's all for now, God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to LOL when I read your comment on my comment:)

Toddlers do like "having company" when on the potty. But I think it's kinda cute when they're sitting there, whether they're on a litle potty or sittig with their feet dangling on a bit potty. Love Mary Mae's story!

Have a Blessed Easter. Will you have to go to work at the store?