Saturday, April 12, 2008

We're fitting right in....

It's another sure sign that we are acclimating to our new home. I not only bought two rutabagas, but I figured out how to turn them into a really simple but really good soup. And the kids and I love them.

But I suppose we're not official Yoopers until we learn how to grow them!

If you want to try my "recipe" this is what I did. Peel rutabagas and cut into bite size chunks. Scrub a bunch of carrots and cut into bite size chunks. Cut an onion into pieces. Potatoes would be good, too. Maybe peas or string beans or something green- broccoli perhaps. Cover in water (stock would be much better if you have it) and cook until veggies are tender. Add salt, pepper, and parsley or other herbs to taste. This was a thin soup, but the vegetables are delish. If anybody knows how to improve this soup please leave a comment!

God bless!

2 comments:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

This is a stew we have made and it is GOOD!

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/9233?printer=yes

Anonymous said...

Ham hocks!