Saturday, December 8, 2007

Immaculate Mary


Peace to all on this beautiful feast of Our Blessed Mother! What a wonderful weekend it is, the feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary and the Second Sunday of Advent!
I would like to share this link to a beautiful homily on the Immaculate Conception. Fr. Fox's blog is one of my favorites!
I felt that God really spoke to me at Mass this evening. Yesterday was a difficult day; the little boys were uncooperative, we were running late for church, and I was feeling seriously burned out. Today was better. Thankfully it is rare for us to have two bad days in a row! The first reading, from Isaiah (see here), filled me with a sense of peace and hope. Naturally, that makes me realize our little daughter is up there praying for us!
Mothering is so overwhelming at times. Yesterday I felt like I don't have what it takes to do a good job. Then this passage, from this Sunday's second reading, got me to thinking: "Whatever was written previously was written for our instruction, that by endurance and by the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to think in harmony with one another, in keeping with Christ Jesus, that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." (from Romans, chapter 15) Today our Lord gave me encouragement in the Scripture and in the Mass; He reminded me that His grace is sufficient, and I need to have endurance. He also assures me that the end result will be peace in our family as a result of us "thinking in harmony" and glorifying God with one voice.
So whether or not I "have what it takes" I will continue to try to do what He asks me to do. And I'll let Him handle the rest!
We have been (mostly) enjoying some beautiful winter weather. It has snowed almost every day for over a week, and the piles are growing! I'm getting reacquainted with the fine art of driving Bertha on snowy roads and maneuvering her between snow banks in and out of the driveway. Very fortunately for me, our neighbor has a cute little Japanese truck with a plow, and he's been very reliable for helping clear the area in front of the garage where the county's big plows can't go. And all he gets in return is the occasional homemade dessert! But, as he says, "That's what neighbors are for." It is wonderful living in a small town!
God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Jennifer! Here's to "singing in one voice"!!

Love,
Meg