Saturday, April 14, 2007

Today's Check-Up

My midwife visited me today. Yes, she prefers to make her appointments for Saturdays, and she comes to me. We sat around the kitchen table chatting for a while before getting down to "business". For those who are keeping track (and who isn't?) I am beginning the 18th week of pregnancy. My uterus is right where it should be (measuring 19cm), and my blood pressure is good. I gained five pounds according to her scale, and two pounds according to mine- guess which one I will believe. She could just make out the heartbeat with the fetoscope but it wasn't clear enough to get a heart rate. I have a fetoscope of my own, so I'll keep trying. They say you can tell the gender of a baby by the heart rate- girls have a faster heartbeat than boys. That is probably about as accurate as the old trick of suspending the father's wedding ring from a string above the belly to see which way it spins.

I finally made it out to clean up the van. I'm too embarrassed to admit the amount of stuff I pulled out of it. We cleaned it before we left for our trip, too. It sure looks a lot better, and we can get in or out without water bottles, books, and jackets falling out! The van looked so nice that I decided we needed to tidy up the garage. We weren't able to do much since "Daddy's side" of the garage is more-or-less Off Limits, and "our side" is where things that need to go to the dump accumulate, along with the sleds, snow shovels, basket balls, and assorted things-that-might-come-in-handy-someday. At least we got it swept pretty well, so the "van's part" of the garage looks great!

Tomorrow should be a pretty nice day. I hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend!

God bless!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

The heartrate thing was accurate for us. We didn't find out what we were having with any of ours, but the boys did have slower heartrates than Madison.
I hear you about cleaning out the car. It doesn't matter how often I do mine or how much I threaten the kids, it always gets back in the same condition. "sigh" I just remind myself that the condition of someone's vehicle is no reflection on how they keep their home. I am living proof of that!