Friday, April 13, 2007

Home and Back to "Normal"

No, we are not still drifting in Minnesota somewhere. We made it home Easter Sunday afternoon (Blessed Easter, everyone!) and have been busy catching up with this and that. Laundry is back under control and we are resuming our familiar routines. It is good to be home!

I caught a serious case of Spring Fever down there in Tulsa, and then came home to a couple of feet of snow. So I've been turning my attentions indoors and trying to spruce the place up a bit. A trip to the thrift store led to the discovery of three Hummel plaques. I really like Hummel figures; they are just as sweet and collectible as the Precious Moments, but without looking so depressed.

I also splurged on some maternity clothes. I've made it through the last two pregnancies just rolling my waistbands down under "the bump" but I lived in constant fear of an embarrassing incident. So I now have a pair of pants and a few shirts. Not that I'm really needing maternity clothes yet. It is ridiculous to be four months pregnant for the seventh time and still fit in regular jeans. I have a visit with the midwife tomorrow, so maybe I'll have an update after that.

I've just been reminded that it is story time. We have been reading Lewis' Prince Caspian chapter by chapter for the last two months. It has been such slow going because I often skipped story time while I was sick. Now that I am feeling better (thank you, Lord!) the kids are anxious to finish it.

God bless!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I'm glad you are back on track after the trip and the first "joy stealing" months of pregnancy.
It's good to see you posting!!