Tuesday, April 24, 2007

One Down, Two to Go!

Our poor little ram was a guinea pig today. We had our first adventures into shearing. I intended to get "before" and "after" pictures, but didn't think of it at the time. Now I'm rather glad. To be honest, he looks downright ridiculous- something like the combination of a wet cat and an unevenly trimmed hedge. On the positive side, we didn't cut him, and we can only get better at it! I'll try to remember to get pictures when we do the other two tomorrow. I am SO thankful that Chuck is here and willing to help! Still, flipping and shearing a sheep is not nearly as easy as the online experts make it look! I admit I am a little nervous about doing the girls tomorrow. I'm not even sure we will get any usable wool out of it this time. Oh, well...

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

God bless!

2 comments:

Zach said...

Well? :)

peace,

Sherri said...

How exciting! I would love to see pictures!