Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Computer Complaints and Giving Thanks

It pains me to share the news that our computer is sick. In fact, I'm afraid it might be 'terminal'. (Sorry, I truly couldn't resist!) The poor thing won't even turn on; it only beeps out an SOS signal in a half-hearted way as if it knows in the depths of its circuitry just how ignorant about computers I am and therefore how desperate its own situation is. Fortunately, Chuck and his laptop are home for the long holiday weekend.

Tomorrow is the day- the biggest cooking marathon of the year. Our kitchen is as ready as it could possibly be, considering the youth and reluctance of my clean-up crew. There is a huge turkey thawing in the sink. There are enough bread crumbs to stuff a pillow. I have purchased approximately five pounds of pecans and 10 pounds of sweet potatoes. All the recipes I shall need are filed neatly in my mind, and I have carefully planned the sequence of their execution. It will be messy, busy, exhausting, and at times chaotic with hungry kids and cats under my feet. I will have too many helpers and not enough patience. It will be the perfect opportunity to thank the Lord in all things.

Here's wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.

God bless!

No comments: