Monday, January 11, 2010

January Thaw

If the weather forecast hold true, we're going to get a lot of snow today and then tomorrow- January thaw! We could get as warm as 36 degrees (F) on Wednesday! The January thaw (we also usually get one in Feb. or March) is a great opportunity for those chores that are a real drag when it is cold, like cleaning out the car or tidying up the garage and mud room. We've had about 130" of snow this season, which is just a bit below normal for this time of year.

As of yesterday, our newest Babe is 15 weeks old. According to an e-mail I get s/he is now about 4 inches crown-to-rump and weighs around two ounces. Mostly I'm feeling pretty good these days. We had to reschedule with the midwife again, but I'm supposed to be seeing her this Thursday afternoon. I'm keeping up with my exercise better than I was before; that makes a big difference in how I feel. I finished a little sewing project this weekend. I turned a pair of regular jeans into maternity jeans. I had a pair of maternity jeans that I had turned into swimming cut-offs when I was pregnant with Mary. I cut the tummy panel off of them, and sorta just patched them onto a pair of jeans I already owned. They fit a little funky in the front, because I really haven't started showing that much yet, but it is wonderful to finally own a pair of maternity pants that are long enough. It is hard enough finding normal jeans with a 36" (or longer) inseam... maternity pants that long just don't exist in my world. ;-)

That's all the news from here for now. The children are all healthy, being good and keeping busy. Now that the festivities of Christmas are officially over, it's back to normal routines for us. I hope all of you have a blessed week. Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow 130" of snow! I don't know how you stand it! we get about 4" and that's too much for me! Oh, it's pretty, but wouldn't want it but for acouple of days at a time.

As I read about the size of the baby I try and visulize her --(or him.)

You are so inventive. That's great about "rigging" up your jeans. I wondered if you sew, sounds like you do and a designer at that!

Have a great day.
Love you,
Mom Ferguson