Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer! (Finally....)

Well, we've waited for months and finally got a bit of summer weather here in da U.P.

For most of the country, mid-August highs in the upper 80's would hardly be impressive. BUT we gotta take what we can get. We have been to the lake three evenings in a row, and the kids are loving it. I've got probably forty pounds of sand built up somewhere in the guts of my washing machine, and twice that in the floor of the suburban.

Right now, while I sit at the computer typing up this post and sipping coffee, Chuck is making omelets. Mary Mae, Thomas, and Joseph are already eating. Robert is helping cook, Daniel is building star ships out of legos upstairs, and Raechel is working on her book. After breakfast is cleaned up we have some housework to get done, and I plan to try to get all the laundry done. I need to practice music for Mass this evening, and I'm hoping we will have time to get a workout done. This evening we will probably head out to the lake. Tomorrow is Sunday, but I work in the morning. If we get enough done today we will have next to nothing to do tomorrow afternoon, so if it stays hot we might make it another lake day.

God is good! I hope you all have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read all the news. Glad Chuck has a job now. I am waiting for approval from ins. co. to have an MRI on my knee. I am ready to be well enough to work in the yard again. Glad all the family is well. Grandma Schoonover