Thursday, August 6, 2009

Daybook for today...

Outside my window... the kids are playing and the sun is shining.
I am thinking... I am so glad to be home.
I am thankful for... God's providence over the last few months. We have been so blessed!
From the kitchen...I adapted this recipe to suit some lamb loins. It was really yummy! I should add my crock pot to the list of things I'm thankful for. :-)
I am wearing...blue jeans, my work shirt, and the odor of french fries.
I am reading...The Turn of the Screw and a book I picked up at the thrift store about the end of the oil era in America.
I am hoping...Chuck's job will be rewarding for him, and that we will be able to make our schedules work around each other.
I am hearing...screaming from outside, but I'm pretty sure they are just playing.
Around the house...my goodness it is so cluttered here. I used to be so good at keeping our "stuff" under control, but I'm not sure what's happened the last six months. ;-)
One of my favorite things...after I'm done here I'm going to go change clothes and go outside to take laundry off my clothesline. I seriously love folding laundry that still smells of the clean outdoors. Putting it away is another matter.
A few plans for the rest of the week: This week is almost over. I work Friday night, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning at the restaurant. I am, however, really looking forward to playing organ again at Mass on Saturday evening. That's one thing I forgot to mention in my previous update- I have a permanent 'gig' at St. Mary's in Rockland as organist and cantor. I've never played organ before, and it is a totally different creature from piano! But I think I'm catching on; maybe I'll eventually even learn the foot pedals! :o)

God bless!

courtesy of The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments: