Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quite a Weekend

We had a good weekend, for the most part. And the parts that weren't good were, let's just say, memorable.

After Mass yesterday evening, while we were cooking and getting ready to head out for the All Saint's Day party, the back window to our "new-to-us" car got busted out. There's no reason to explain exactly what happened; those involved have apologized and been forgiven. But, because of the incident we missed the party on Saturday. That was a big disappointment for all of us. And I am, once again, without wheels until it is fixed.

Fact is, I was rather proud of that vehicle. It is so much nicer than the van we had been driving, by far the most "luxurious" car we've ever owned. God sure knows the fastest and surest way of putting me back in my place! Chuck and I had a good opportunity to talk about what happened and how we handled it. The damage to the car is fixable, and the lessons learned will hopefully benefit each of us personally for a long time to come. God is good!

Chuck had to leave for the early-morning flight today. The time he is home always goes too quickly. (Do I say something like that every time?) He will be in Texas, probably from now until they send him home for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving! I can't believe but it is almost time to start planning for the holidays...

God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you guys at the All Saints Day party! :-( You still have a chance to guess our Saint identities at my blog if you want. :-) Shall we hope for a less eventful weekend this weekend? :-D

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your auto situations! Around here, plastic and duct tape work wonders for car windows.

Yesterday, Baby Hope's name was added a list of loved ones to be offered during All Souls Mass. Just thought you might want to know.

Love to all -- mom ferguson

Anonymous said...

Hello from Tulsa. I wanted to add a few things. I also added baby Hope's name to the list of people who has been in Christ's lap for a while. I am sorry I forgot Hope's name, but God knows and I did add her in my list of saints.
Car window problems??? I have 2 that I had to take the door panel off and cut some sticks and jam them under the glass so they can stay up and keep the rain out.
love you guys,
Uncle Lyle