Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to my blog

I've been blogging for two years now!

In that time I've gotten just over nine thousand "hits" and over fourteen thousand page views. I've written 290 posts. I average 21 visitors a day, but some of that is me checking for comments. ;-)

I had a lovely birthday yesterday. We were able to go visit with some friends (three houses in a row!) and we had so much fun.

Today it is just a typical "yucky" November day- grey and cold and wet. Most of the snow we got early in the week has melted away, but not to worry; we have more coming! It's about time for our annual First Hike to the Sledding Hill. This year Mary is about big enough to come out with us (I even found her some itty-bitty snow boots!) so I have no excuse to miss out on the fun!

One other thing I forgot to mention is that our dog, Snickers, died a few days ago. He would have been about 15 years old, and we are very thankful that we were able to give him some love and attention these last two years. I am going to miss our "Old Man". I will especially miss the way he would get so excited to see us sometimes; he would try to bounce around and be playful. Then after a minute of that he would start wheezing and stagger off on his arthritic limbs to rest! The kids asked me if he would be in heaven. I'm not usually all that sentimental about animals, honestly. I don't believe all dogs go to heaven. It seems to me that if you think you have to have your favorite pet with you in heaven to be happy, then you probably have an underdeveloped idea of what heaven is. (How could the utterly mysterious and glorious and awesome presence of God be dimmed because I miss my childhood parakeet?) But, whatever it was that made him him- his "soul"- has certainly gone back to the God who made him.

On that note... have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A happy late birthday to you from Brenda and Uncle Steve. You can count me for 1 of your 21 views everyday! I love to keep up with you and the kids.

Karate Mom said...

Happy bloggiversary!
By the way, how do you know your stats?

Jennifer said...

I've got a site counter thingie bob on the right-hand side at the bottom... if you click it you'll go to my stats, and I think from there you could make your own counter. :o)