Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Special Request

When we were living in Prattville, we had the special privilege of getting to know the Dominican Sisters who live at the Monastery of St. Jude in Marbury, Alabama. We loved to attend Mass or Adoration at their chapel. One of the Sisters has written to the older children regularly, even since our move, and we are all grateful for their continued prayers and friendship.

I'm mentioning this (and providing the above link to their website) because I recently received a letter from them that they are in financial need. The letter explains that they have been hit with many maintenance bills this year, and one of their buildings is in serious need of repair. I am hoping that by sharing this on my blog, some of you might be able to consider making a donation to them. Their address is provided on the website. If you cannot donate, please offer prayers for their needs, including for vocations to their beautiful order. Thank you, and God reward you!

Chuck made it home safely and in perfect time yesterday. I think I have shared how often it seems there are delays, cancellations, all sorts of problems when he is on his way home. Just part of the game when you travel frequently, I guess. Well, he had a good trip home yesterday, and is looking forward to spending the next two weeks at home where he belongs. Which reminds me of another prayer request- my family will be coming UP for a visit next week, so please pray for safe travel for them.

God bless!

No comments: