Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Not good...

"I'm afraid it's the transmission." Words of doom coming from the mechanic down the street. But it gets better. "I can't get the part until Monday," he says. "But I should have it fixed on Tuesday, and you can keep the Blazer until then." God bless him, he left a vehicle behind for me when he picked up our van to drive it to his shop. This will be great in case I need to make a quick run to the market in town (known to happen from time to time). Not so great if I were planning to actually go anywhere with the family. You simply cannot buckle six children (in three car seats) and one adult into a Blazer. Uh-huh, no way. So, for all practical purposes we are stranded until next week.

Speaking of carseats, a new Michigan law went into effect yesterday extending the requirements for using boosters for older children. I didn't know anything about it until my neighbor mentioned that another neighbor saw it on the news and wondered if we had heard. (That's how news travels in the country.) Well, fortunately, this won't effect us at all since the rule is EITHER under 8 OR under 4'9". Our youngest three already ride in the appropriate carseats and boosters. Daniel and Robert both are under the height requirement, but over 8 years old, thank goodness! For a moment I thought they meant children had to reach both the age and the height. I just imagined the conversation when I would have to try to explain to Robert why he must now buckle up with a booster seat like Joseph's. Yeah, right!

I hope I'll get some pictures up over the next few days. God bless!

2 comments:

Chuck said...

I Love You!!!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Man! I hope the car is back soon and in great condition.