Monday, June 18, 2007

Prayer Request

I have an urgent prayer request for my midwife, Karen K. To say it plainly, she is dying. I do not know all the details, but I spoke with her partner and daughter-in-law last night. The doctors are sending her home from the hospital and they expect her to only live a few more days. I can't imagine what a horrible shock this is for her and her family. Please pray for a miraculous healing if it is God's will. If it is not His will to heal her, pray for a peaceful death for her and strength for her family.

We've been having problems with our phone lines- probably for a long time- but didn't realize it until Chuck was out of town again. When he is home we almost never get phone calls. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, but in the meantime, I usually cannot receive calls at home at all, or if they come through the connection is very bad. It really is miraculous that the call regarding Karen came through almost perfectly. My ability to call out is iffy, and my DSL cuts in and out without warning, so if nobody hears from me for a while don't worry! Somebody from the phone company is supposed to come out today to at least see where the problem is, but who knows how long it will take to actually fix. In the meantime, everybody stay safe and enjoy your summer!

God bless!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Wow! It's hard to imagine that while we go about our everyday lives that there is such pain out there for others. My thoughts are with her and her family!