Thursday, June 14, 2007

Finally! The pictures I promised...

I'm happy to report that Chuck is still home. At almost three weeks, this has been the longest break he's had. It's been wonderful! I've taken tons of pictures over the last few days. Unfortunately, I still don't know my way around this camera very well. Many of the pictures I thought I was taking ended up being video clips! Still, I ended up with a few images worth sharing, so here they are.

First, this is a picture of the lamb, Spot. He is almost six weeks old now! He doesn't take milk very often anymore, but we have a bottle rigged up on a kitchen chair in the garage. He's been staying in the garage and yard until he is big enough to be out with the adults. Last time I tried leaving him with the other sheep, Pops wouldn't leave him alone.
Speaking of Pops, he's turning into quite the handsome ram. He's a yearling now. When we first got him, he was smaller than the ewes. Now, he is about an inch taller than they are and much wider. It was really interesting to notice that his "voice" changed. He used to sound pretty much like the females, but about three months ago he started making a much deeper sound.
Here is a picture of the memorial for Hope. It was installed just about a month
ago. It is nice to have something so pretty there for her.

On Tuesday we visited Misery Bay, on Lake Superior. The beach was beautiful and there were only a few other people there. And (best of all in the opinion of this pregnant lady) the outhouse wasn't too bad! Unfortunately, this is where the settings on the camera got changed accidently and I ended up taking several 30-second video clips rather than pictures. From now on I know to check the settings before I point and shoot!
Last weekend, Chuck showed me how to use the riding lawn mower. The push mower we have needs a new blade that is an odd size, so we haven't found a replacement yet. I think the riding mowers are, for the most part, unnecessarily noisy, smelly, and expensive. I have to admit, though, it was nice to mow the lawn sitting down! Still, I predict Robert and Daniel will be spending some time behind the push mower in the near future!
And, finally, here is a picture of my clothes line on Tuesday morning. All last weekend and the end of the week previous, it was too windy for me to hang wash out. Rather than use the dryer, I decided I'd just wait until I could hang them and then play catch up. Well, this was Day 1 of the two days it took me to catch up! All I can say is thank goodness
I didn't have to hand-wash them all!

That's all for now I suppose. Chuck literally just now came in and said it looks like he will have to fly out tomorrow. :-( It would be nice to have some more advance notice, but that is just the way it is. I hope that everyone has been having a good week!
God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to getting on the computer. Thank you for the pictures. I enjoy reading your blogs and seeing pictures of my family's life. Love to all. Mom Ferguson