Saturday, May 5, 2007

Weekend!

We are supposed to have warm, beautiful weather today and tomorrow before some thunderstorms move in. I just love it when the weekend is gorgeous, and the rain waits for Monday!

Both of the lambs are doing very well, although Molly is obviously fatter and stronger than Spot is. If you ever needed a testimony to the difference between mother's milk and formula, this would be it! Already Spot will call for me. Being the weirdo that I am, I just "baa" right back at him. He perks his ears up and if he can, he tries to come find me. Of course, we're keeping him confined in a poo-resistant corner of the house. I'd rather keep him outside but the others butt him around if he moves, and feeding him every 2-3 hours is easier if he's in the house.

I have noticed the children are starting to get tanned already. Thomas had to get a drastic haircut last month. After our trip he had a permanent and severe case of "car seat hair". The hair on the back of his head was pretty ratted out, and despite careful combing and conditioning it would be back in a hopeless tangle at the slightest provocation. So, I gave him the classic buzz cut. Joseph was so impressed, he wanted a buzz cut, too. I probably would have done the other boys except our clippers are pretty worn out, and their hair is much thicker. With the shorter hair, Thomas and Joseph developed a slight sunburn and then a deep tan on their necks. What is it they say? You can take the boy out of the South, but you can't take the Redneck out of the boy? Something like that, anyway.

Today I plan to be outside with the pretense of tidying up the yard. What our neighbor told me is true- you'll find all sorts of things when the snow melts! We've already retrieved the buried sled, stray hats, and orphan gloves (we even have a single snowboot whose partner has yet to show up); today I really just want to get to know my patch of earth a little better. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

God bless!

No comments: