Thursday, May 3, 2007

Better Days!

I have been doing much better since my last post. Unfortunately, little Pete died on Tuesday. We did our best for him, and he didn't have much of a chance from the beginning. I am okay with it, but it was hard not to be disappointed. At least it was hard before today...

Cocoa had her lambs today- two of them! She has a female that is solid black and a male who is white with black patches on his face and neck. They are both doing well, although she has "rejected" the male. We went out several times today so that I could hold Cocoa's head while one of the kids helped the poor little guy sneak in and nurse. Looks like I will have another "bum", that is, a bottle fed lamb.

We named the boy Spot (very original, I know). We had a slightly harder time coming up with the girl's name. We have a white ewe named Sugar, and Cocoa is brown, so in keeping with the culinary theme I asked the kids what we use in the kitchen that is black. Daniel suggested molasses. So the girl's name is Molly. I hope I can get pictures up soon!

God bless!

No comments: