Monday, December 22, 2008

Short Update

I have a minute to post a short update while the older kids are playing a game with Chuck and Mary Mae is dozing on my lap.

There's been a lot going on this last week! First, I owe an apology for not getting pictures yet. Bad, bad blogger. :-(

Chuck made it home (after a minor delay) on Thursday afternoon. We've been dealing with all-out winter weather the last two weeks or so, with very cold (often below-zero) temperatures and lots of snow. The word is that our area has already gotten 121" for the season, but I know how these Yoopers exaggerate the snow. Still, we have a good three feet in the yard, and it snows at least a few more inches just about every day. The piles at the end of the driveway, by the garage, are already as tall as me, and we have like four months of snow season left!

The children are all doing well, although we've had a couple small "bugs" to fight off so far this year. Still, nobody has been seriously sick in a long time and I am so thankful for that! I sprained my ankle pretty good about a week ago (which is why Chuck came home a few days earlier than planned, and that's fine by me) but it is well on it's way back to normal. With only 2 days until Christmas, we have a lot to do! We plan to do some baking and decorating; we haven't even cut our tree yet!

This isn't much of an update, I know, but sorry... it is the best I can do right now. The kids are giggling uncontrollably and it sounds like I'm missing out on all the fun.

God bless!

2 comments:

Motherbird said...

Glad to see you back!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your sprained ankle. How'd that happen? Hope your doing better. Glad Chuck made it home and is now safe with the family. Sounds like a lot of snow and cold weather -- too much for me. Today we'll be baking, so I'll be thinking of you and the kids in your kitchen while Mary and I are in ours. Talk to you soon. Love Mom F.