Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poetry by Raechel

daredevil
I will crack my skull
to see you smile,
to hear you giggle I
will swim over the
Nile!

schoolwork
I'd sooner eat alien
eyes, then do my schoolwork
with big surprize. I'd sooner
jump off a 12 story building,
than do my homework
and earn a gulding.
(a gulding is a piece of money)
Math
math is fun! it
is sweet, like gum!
[Raechel was inspired to write this poem after scoring very well on a math drill after only the second try.]

Mary
Mary is cute,
Mary is nice,
Mary is full of sugar and spice.

Summer
an announcement to the world,
summer is here
put away your sleds,
open your ear!
Do you hear the birds singing?
in the park, do you hear the children swinging?

Winter
in winter we all
play in the snow,
until we get killed
by Ron's plow. in winter
we all sled down the hill, why,
we're doing it still!
[I feel I should explain the reference to "getting killed" by the plow... our neighbor plowed for us over the winter and it was a game the kids made up to "dodge" his little plow. If he came at a pile they were standing on, and they got knocked over, they were "killed". Trust me- it wasn't as dangerous as it sounds!]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderous poetry Raechel!

Chuck said...

I love it!!!

Motherbird said...

What a talented little poet you got there!