Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Beautiful Days

It's too early to say that spring is right around the corner. So let's say just one more block to go and then around the corner!

Yesterday was a wonderful day. We went to visit our friends, and to see their beautiful new baby horse. She was just the cutest thing, only three days old! She has a sweet little face and the softest coat. I think even Chuck could have fallen in love with this little girl! We had such a nice visit, though.

Today was another warm and mostly sunny day. By warm, I mean it got up to 45 degrees. That's still a little cool, but it's a whole 70 degrees warmer than Saturday morning's low temperature. So yeah- it felt really comfortable! There is still a lot of snow on the ground even though we haven't gotten any new snow in a few days now. We're supposed to get a couple inches tonight, but that's nothing. It is really funny how my definition of "snow" has changed. Two years ago, if it had snowed an inch we would have been shut down. Now anything under six inches doesn't seem to even count!

Tomorrow I go to the eye doctor so he can check my new contacts and make sure they are fitting right before the warranty expires. This will require me to shut down the house, pack up all the children, drive about 20 miles to Ewen, all while maintaining my peace and sanity. The bonus is that for a few minutes I will be sitting in a quiet and darkened room while my children are under the watchful eyes of adults other than me. (I warned the office staff that I'd have to bring my crew with me. She said she'd schedule me for a time when the office would be otherwise empty!) Considering this is the closest thing to a babysitter I've had since we moved here, I'll take it!

God bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad your back, Jennifer. I've missed your blog! Enjoy your few minutes at the eye dr. (with the "babysitter"). love mom ferguson

Motherbird said...

I hear ya! Last week I went to the dentist and actually enjoyed it- it was the most alone time I'd had in a long time. :-) Have fun!