Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Weekend

We butchered our ram on Friday. I say "we" but actually, it was Chuck and our neighbor who did the deed. I guess you could call it a lesson in "homestead economics", but that's some expensive mutton and it better be good!

Chuck left for California today. I forget exactly where he'll be, but close to one of the major cities. After he left, the kids and I did some furious house cleaning. I hardly recognize the place, but I can take comfort in the fact that it never stays this clean for long and will be back to normal before I know it. ;-)

We had such a warm and beautiful day today. It was sunny, and the thermometer got up to about 34 degrees! I was actually outside in short sleeves today; I guess I'm acclimating to this northern climate pretty well! It is heartening to notice how much later the sunset is. We still have a few long months until spring, though.

God bless!

No comments: